Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Ship Awaits

Well I arrived in Houston safely under humid and rainy skies. The ride to Galveston was longer than I thought but Bruce, an environmental teacher from New Jersey, and I talked about where we taught, classes, and the excitement about our upcoming adventure. Normally there is one teacher per leg, but since our mission on the Oregon II went from 3 legs to 2 legs it changed things up a bit, including our new departure date.

Arriving on the ship tonight we noticed a sign on the door “Friday 7/2 shipping out 10:00 am”. The newly upgraded hurricane Alex has delayed our departure by one day, at least for now. This will give me time to explore the ship a little without waking the sleeping crew. This is a 24-hour workstation so it is very important that everyone is quiet in the halls. Speaking of quiet, I am turning in, in my next to the kitchen stateroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment