Monday, June 21, 2010

9 days ETD for NOAA


The other day my 'official' package came in the mail with my acceptance letter to the NOAA Teacher At Sea Program. Also in the packet was a very nice blue Teacher At Sea embroidered T-shirt, a fanny pack, a children's story book written by a former TAS, and some information on Ocean Literacy and Climate Literacy.

Today I received another email from the chief scientist about some last minute details of items that we may want to bring. (The first leg ships out tomorrow, but I have another 9 days to pack). The first leg will not be able to do laundry for the first three days as they travel through possible oil contaminated seas. This could cause problems for the water system on board the Oregon II (the ship I will be traveling and working aboard). I am sure this will be the case for me too, but it will be the last 3-4 days of my mission as I will be departing from Texas and sailing to Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment