Monday, June 28, 2010

3 days ETD, Tropical Storm Alex, and delayed posts

With my time to depart on my journey getting closer I have found myself checking out the weather in the Gulf of Mexico and looking at the logs from other Teacher At Sea participants. One thing about the logs that I have noticed is about a 4-6 day delay in posts from the time they are written, approved by the XO (executive officer) and the chief scientist for accuracy. I am hoping that I will be able to post personal blogs each day but with approvals and the fact that the bandwidth is working on satellite, this may be a problem. I really won't know until I am on board how much internet time I will get and how long it will take to load a single photo. For video and audio podcasts I will most likely have to post those once I hit land on July 17. Again, it will be a wait and see.

If you would like to check out the logs of other TAS participants (and my official log will be here) go to the NOAA link in the right hand column of this site (or click on the blue highlighted logs above). Once there you will want to select the 2010 field season. Names are highlighted once the mission begins. Some of my favorites so far are the teachers aboard the Pisces (Nicolle has a great story about a dead sperm whale). Click on the participants name for logs, clicking on the ship will give you the ship dimensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment